Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stop. Drop. and Roll...and yell a bit

Yesterday was an interesting day on the westcoast. It started off as a normal day, I sat on hold for 45 minutes waiting to talk to someone about summer school. I went to the gym, I cleaned up the house and I came home excited for a nice big veggie stir fry for lunch. Unfortunately my oven had a different idea in mind. I was wearing my coat and I guess i got too close to the gas flames and it caught on fire, I proceeded to yell a bit...ok A LOT and ran around my house before remembereing what i was taught in grade 2. I stopped, I dropped, and I rolled around. Thankfully my jacket was the only thing that got distroyed. I can imagine the burn from a gas fire wouldnt turn into a tan the next day the same way my tanning salon burn has. The rest of my day was good, I made dinner again, Spicy chicken, tomatoe and veggie paninis on fresh dough i cooked up first. They smelt great...I had a chicken salad, it was also great.
To be honest watching my familly eat last night wasn't as bad as the day before. They found a new way to annoy me.
Two years ago my parents started rowing, just in the spring, for a short season every year. They have started their season again and the topic over dinner always is, or comes back to rowing. I thought coming home I would be able to escape the wrath of the sport. Last night I had to endure a logn discussion involving my mom, who was stroking a 4x, splashing my dad, who was in 2 seat. Apparently she couldn't figure out why she was doing it. I told her to raise her eights if it is too low or to square up later. Frankly I felt like saying, "If you quit rowing, this wouldn't be a problem." i didn't say it though...I just thought very strongly about it, and pictured my life without it. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment