Monday, May 25, 2009


If Hunger is Not the Problem Then food is NOT the solution.


This is something I have realised over the past few months. and even more so over the past few weeks, food only solves one problem, hunger. Try to use it to solve another problem and it usually ends up making things worse. Yeah Ice cream, cookies and chocolate will taste good for a bit, give me a high, but after, i feel even worse. I not only am STILL depressed about whatever else is bothering me but now I am also left in a situation where I feel out of control and gross. So far here is a list of things I've found to distract me...


Write down how I'm feeling in my journal, and try to see what is causing me to want to eat when not hungry


Do a craft, I have started painting again, also beading, and collaging pages in my journal


Call a friend, or write a message (facebook OBVIOUSLY) to someone I havent talked to in a while.


Go for a walk, run, or just sit on my patio and soak up the sun...


....Last week I even vaccumed, washed all the floors by hand, dusted, washed the cars and windows in my house to distract myself, and it worked :)



No comments:

Post a Comment