Friday, June 12, 2009

A little Kick in the Butt

Working 40 hour weeks and sleeping a lot less takes a toll on one's motivation. I can personally say this has been a hard month for me, transitioning from living alone at school and organizing my own schedule to coming back home, working and trying to plan around my family's schedule. I must say that it has become tempting to just eat whatever I want to try to get quick energy and a little bit of a sugar high. Things that have kept me motivated (at least most of the time)
1)Rewrite down your goals:
Yeah at 11:11 every day, a.m (and pm if I'm still awake) i wish for certain things, but honestly writing down my biggest goals has, and will help me a lot more than hoping my clock will give me flat abs...
2)Eat a slightly bigger breaky:
Often If I eat a big breakfast (between 350 and 400 calories) I am satisfied until about 1pm or later. Of course I try to eat lunch by one no matter what, but this nice big breakfast really holds me over. It also stops me from snacking in between or overdoing it at lunch.
3)Take a Vanity Shot:
Last week I was feeling great one day and decided to do a few "vanity shots". I got into my bathing suit and took a few pictures. Looking at them has helped me see that I want to stay this way, and helps stop me from binging. I also found it helped to print one of the pictures off and have it in my food journal, as well as an old shot of me (from grad) where I look extremely overweight and unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment